Re: I surrender...

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 02:51:10 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, <CRIPTOS El Se~or del Caos> wrote:

> 2 days to get gtk-1.1.12 runnung...

> while compiling... I'm tired.. Sick...
> Any solution?

No, but, while I hate to sound cranky, this is not the GTK support list.

I _am_ aware that ascp requires the latest and greatest in GTK.  My only
advice is, either download the statically linked version (assuming it's
available -- it is, right?), or forget ascp for now.  No-one on the AS
coding team, nor I, has the resources to support development libraries of
a completely different package.  I _think_ I made this clear in my remarks
in the FAQ.  If not, I'll make them more adamant next time.

Please do not think that I'm attacking you, as I'm not.  But there is
simply no way at all that any of us can support devel libraries, with all
of the possible reasons why they won't work.  Devel-lib means
devel-support: if you can't fix it, you're on your own.

A.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help/, or issue