Re: Looks switching bug

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:04:43 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Hey, great work on the looks!  I like it.  Running 1.6.6 here.
> (Now if we can just figure out how to keep Feels/Looks with a customized
> start menu.)

You mean, keep the default Feels/Looks as well as custom ones?  If you
only care about seeing the ones in ~/G/L/A, just create an empty dir in
the start menu called "Look" and/or "Feel", and it will be automagically
filled in when the menu is updated.

If you want to see both the defaults and the custom ones, get the 1.7
patches and experiment with .include files.

> One quirk I noticed with the looks though is that if I have some icons on
> the desktop and I switch looks between two that have different IconBoxes,
> the icons don't move into the new box until I iconify/deiconify something
> (i.e. force reevaluation of the icons).
>
> Certainly not a big deal.  Just thought I'd make a note of it in case its
> an easy fix.

Yup, it was an easy fix. :)  Fixed in 1.7.0 patch 18.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1