Re: Upgrading Libraries

J.D. Jordan (jdj5e@virginia.edu)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:19:12 -0500 (EST)

This article tells about how to install enlightenment from scratch on a RH
5.0 box, but it has how to get imlib and gtk and stuff installed in what
order too.
http://www.enlightenment.org/documentation/onenight.html
basically the best "upgrade" scheme is to make uninstall the
old gtk libs, to make sure you don't have overlapping libs, and then go
through and install the new ones in the order described.  One thing
though, if you upgrade to the devel gtk libs, you have to install the new
devel version of the gimp (1.1?) a copy of it was just released a few
weeks ago, so you don't have to get it from CVS.

JD