Re: pager weirdness

Andre Oliveira da Costa (costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:13:45 -0200

Peter Amstutz wrote:

> My pager likes to die frequently on startup.  If it gets going it is just
> fine, but often, for some reason, the pager window will pop up, stay there
> for just a few seconds, and then dissapear.  Sometimes it has a chance to
> display windows on it, other times is it just a solid color - but either
> way it dies.  The default configuration doesn't do this, but a few tweaks
> and it tickles some odd bug out...  Has anyone seen this behavior?  Any
> clues on how to go about debugging it?

I haven't experienced this odd behavior, but some strange things do
happen: I recently upgraded from 1.4.55N6 to 1.6.6 (which I liked *very*
much, congratulations to all the people involved), and this is what
happens: every once in a while, pager starts with decorations, handles
and not sticky, as if it ignored the settings in the ~/G/L/A/database
file. The weird thing is that it only happens when I restart AS (through
the "Restart" built-in function), but not always. If I stop and restart
the pager through the start menu, it seems to go right 100% of the
times. I'm using the default configuration, except for the size of the
pager (I have 2 desktops instead of 4).

Any clues?

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa