Re: New to AfterStep

Doommaker (dmaker@alfheim.net)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:07:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Rachael A. Reid wrote:

> Hi!  I am very new to AfterStep and just recently installed the newest
> version.  I got it to boot up fine, but am having a few minor bugs in it.
> My backspace no longer wants to work and is there a way to set it so that
> the tool bar isn't always on top?  I load up netscape and don't get the
> full screen because the toolbar is always there.  Like I said, I'm very
> new to this and trying to learn all I can.  Any help would be appreciated!
>
> -Rachael
> rabbit@splash.citadelia.org

In what situation is the backspace key not working.  By the toolbar, I'll
assume you mean the WinList.  The grey bar across the top that tells you
what windows you have open.  As far as it goes, the best way to learn how
to configure it would probably me to 'man WinList' and go from there.  The
file you will be editing is ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/winlist

--
dmaker@alfheim.net