Re: New to AfterStep

Doommaker (dmaker@alfheim.net)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:01:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Rachael A. Reid wrote:

> I can't use the backspace key at all.  It won't let me use it to move
> backwards or to delete. If I want to delete something, I have to use
> ctrl-h.

http://www.ibbnet.nl/~anne/keyboard/keyboard.html

That page might help you solve your problems.

> As for the 'tool bar', I acutally meant the row of icons that go down the
> side of the screen.  Is there another name for it that I'm not aware of?
> Is it always meant to be on top?

That would be Wharf.  You can position that ANYWHERE on the screen you
want it.  I've got mine going across the bottom.  It's all in the
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/wharf file.  man Wharf to see how to config
it.

--
dmaker@alfheim.net