Re: New to AfterStep

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:35:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Rachael A. Reid wrote:

> Hi!  I am very new to AfterStep and just recently installed the newest
> version.  I got it to boot up fine, but am having a few minor bugs in it.
> My backspace no longer wants to work and is there a way to set it so that
> the tool bar isn't always on top?

The backspace key is a common problem for many people under X.  Someone
just posted a link to a site about this in this list; I reproduce it here:

	http://www.ibbnet.nl/~anne/keyboard/keyboard.html

As for the "tool bar", it's called the Wharf.  Its behaviour is controlled
by the database file (like everything else).  You can keep it under other
appls by setting it to "StaysOnBack".  There are answers avaialble to many
of the questions you might have; they're contained in the FAQ.  You can
find it by following the directions in my .sig.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help/, or issue