Re: Installing themes

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:24:14 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Simon Beehre wrote:

> Hi I'm new to afterstep/Linux I've seen these themes on the afterstep site
> but there doesnt seem to be any instructions on how to install them
> can anyone help?

Yes.  Be careful.  Many of the themes come as a package of files.  These
are, in fact, the set of files you are supposed to use (or edit as
necessary) for your ~/G/L/A.  The problem is that, since the config files
are not always compatible between versions, the "themes" tend to break
your AS installation.

If the theme is recent enough, it is probably compliant with the
themes-handler included in the latest distributions, or available from
ftp.afterstep.org.  You can try using the themes-handler; make sure you
know how to use it before you start playing!

A.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help/, or issue