Re: Mice w/extra buttons...

P. J. Bolle (brutal.truth@home.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:00:26 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Brad wrote:

> I use the same trackball... wonderfully piece of machinery... to utilize
> the 4th button, just specify "4" in your feel file, like the following
> from my .steprc:
>
> Mouse 1         2       A       Maximize 94 100
> Mouse 2         2       A       Maximize 100 100
> Mouse 3         2       A       Maximize 94 93
> Mouse 4         2       A       Maximize 45 45

	Now, I had done so in this manner (any duplication is
merely for testing):

Mouse 1         R       A       PopUp "Start"
Mouse 2         R       A       PopUp "Command"
Mouse 3         R       A       WindowList
Mouse 4         R       A       PopUp "Start"

Mouse 1         T       A       Function "Move-or-Top"
Mouse 2         T       A       RaiseLower
Mouse 3         T       A       RaiseLower
Mouse 4         T       A       Iconify

	Suffice it to say these do not work. I did reload the correct
feel file after saving changes, so I know it isn't my numbness in the
head...

> As long as X is recognizing the extra button, the above will work...

	X does recognize it in the startup sequence, yet this does not
work for me...

	Can there be something in another config file, perhaps?

|  Paul J. Bolle        [Registered Linux User No. 91810]  |
| Linux. Real power for those neither "micro" nor "soft".  |