Re: Mice w/extra buttons...

P. J. Bolle (brutal.truth@home.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:27:07 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Brad wrote:

> Nope... what mouse driver are you using for X?  I have the following in my
> XF86Config:
>
> Section "Pointer"
>    Protocol        "Intellimouse"
>    Device          "/dev/mouse"
>    BaudRate        1200
>    buttons         4
> EndSection

	Mine is the same, save the fact that it has "Microsoft" under
the Protocol heading. I've kept it that way because I used to have an
MS mouse (thankfully discarded), and this setting worked well with my
other Logitech mice (incl. the original TrackMan Marble).

	I altered it to say what yours does, and now it seems the 4th
button is responding.

	However, the buttons seem to be a bit muddled. Buttons 2 and 4
have reversed roles... This isn't a big deal, really, but did that
happen to you?

|  Paul J. Bolle        [Registered Linux User No. 91810]  |
| Linux. Real power for those neither "micro" nor "soft".  |