Re: Solaris troubles

Ron Smith (rasmith@cerf.net)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:22:30 +0000

	I had downloaded the binary version. Btw, I found zlib at:

http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/zlib/

	I downloaded it, and installed it. When doing the make install I got:

# make install
cp zlib.h zconf.h /usr/local/include
chmod 644 /usr/local/include/zlib.h /usr/local/include/zconf.h
cp libz.a /usr/local/lib
cd /usr/local/lib; chmod 755 libz.a
cd /usr/local/lib; if test -f libz.so.1.1.3; then \
  rm -f libz.so libz.so.1; \
  ln -s libz.so.1.1.3 libz.so; \
  ln -s libz.so.1.1.3 libz.so.1; \
  (ldconfig || true)  >/dev/null 2>&1; \
fi

	The problem now is that libz.so does not end up in /usr/local/lib like
AS wants. File libz.a shows up there, but not libz.so or libz.so.1.1.3
If I am reading the above correctly, the "if test" should fail because
libz.so.1.1.3 is not present. I will be investigating this further. Any
advice is welcome. :)