Re: Solaris troubles

Ron Smith (rasmith@cerf.net)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:41:02 +0000

	Ah, no I did not tell it to configure with shared libs. Upon reading
the Makefile, I see ./configure -s to enable shared libs. I did a make
clean, ./configure -s, make and make install, and there is a libz.so
file. Now I have gotten a bit farther and have another error.

ld.so.1: afterstep: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: no such file or
directory

	There is no such file in /usr/local/lib. Where to from here?

Mehul Sanghvi wrote:

> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:22:30 +0000
> > From: Ron Smith <rasmith@cerf.net>
> > Subject: Re: Solaris troubles
> >
> >       I had downloaded the binary version. Btw, I found zlib at:
> >
> > http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/zlib/
> >
> >       I downloaded it, and installed it. When doing the make install I got:
> >
> > # make install
> > cp zlib.h zconf.h /usr/local/include
> > chmod 644 /usr/local/include/zlib.h /usr/local/include/zconf.h
> > cp libz.a /usr/local/lib
> > cd /usr/local/lib; chmod 755 libz.a
> > cd /usr/local/lib; if test -f libz.so.1.1.3; then \
> >   rm -f libz.so libz.so.1; \
> >   ln -s libz.so.1.1.3 libz.so; \
> >   ln -s libz.so.1.1.3 libz.so.1; \
> >   (ldconfig || true)  >/dev/null 2>&1; \
> > fi
> >
> >       The problem now is that libz.so does not end up in /usr/local/lib like
> > AS wants. File libz.a shows up there, but not libz.so or libz.so.1.1.3
> > If I am reading the above correctly, the "if test" should fail because
> > libz.so.1.1.3 is not present. I will be investigating this further. Any
> > advice is welcome. :)
> >

> When you built this did you tell configure to enable shared libraries?
> By default I believe that you only get the static library.  The if
> statement will very obviously fail since there has been no prior
> "cp libz.so.1.1.3 /usr/local/lib"  which is why I think that
> --enable-shared was not given to configure.
>
> mehul
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/