Re: AfterStep 1.6.6 is great, but...

Andre Oliveira da Costa (costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:58:36 -0200

"Armando L. Caro Jr." wrote:
[...]
> 1.  How do I get only ONE pager?  I had this setup with the older version
> (1.4), but I keep getting 4 pagers now.  If I call 'pager 0 0', it gives
> only one pager but it is in a window big enough for 4 pagers.

I think you should change the following lines in your ~/G/L/A/pager
config file:

*PagerRows           1
*PagerColumns        4	<---- put 1 here

> 2.  How do I specify the location if I don't swallow the pager in the
> wharf?  I tried playing with the position in file 'pager', but I get
> unpredictable results.  It does move the position, but not in a
> predictable manner.

Did you change the "*PagerGeometry" resource in the ~/G/L/A/pager file,
using standard X11 geometry notation? Mine reads:

*PagerGeometry       +1-1

and the pager shows up at the lower left corner of the screen.

> 3.  I am having probs with clear pixmaps in the wharf.  The Transparent
> pixmap is not completely transparent, but it is partially and works great.
> However, when I try to use a pixmap that is completely clear it doesn't
> work.

Sorry, can't help much with this one...

> 4.  Postit doesn't swallow correctly as it did before.  The wharf does
> swallow it, but it doesn't look contained within a wharf button.  It looks
> like a separate entity.  In the old version, when I swallowed it, it put
> the postit pixmap within the button.  Now it is the button itself. (I am
> not sure if I am being clear here)
>
> 5.  I can't get the WindowMaker app wmmon to be swallowed.  Has anyone had
> success with this?  (wmppp swallows just find)

(already answered by Albert Dorofeev <albert@mail.dma.be>)

Cheers,

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa