Re: Welcome to afterstep

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:18:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Huaiyu Zhu wrote:

> I'm new to afterstep.  Where can I find a man page or something like that?
> The only info I have is the FAQ, which really does not explain how to get
> started, such as how to change to focus_follow_pointer, etc.

These items are configured in the look and feel files.  (In your example,
the feel file.)

> RedHat dumps me into a new window manager with each upgrade - without
> any proper explanation of how to port my previous configurations to
> the new one.

If you're upgrading versions of AS, then the course to follow is

1.	Rename your old ~GNUstep/Library/AfterStep directory
2.	Start your new version of AS
3.	cd ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
4.	Copy the default config files that you want to adjust (for v
	1.6.6, they should be in /usr/local/share/afterstep)
5.	Edit these files, using your old configuration as a model.  Note
	that things sometimes change between versions, so it's a bad idea
	to use old config files.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help/, or issue