Re: Can't run afterstep 1.6.[06]

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:36:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Mark Stacey wrote:

> I had a previous version of afterstep, 1.4.55N I think it was and never had
> any trouble, I've removed the .steprc and the G/L/Afterstep directories in
> case they are causing trouble. I'm running Redhat 4.2 with kernel 2.1.128.
> My X server is 3.3.2.

Did you upgrade AS?  If so, did you remember to remove the old binaries
before you tried running?

The old AS binaries are in /usr/X11R6/bin.  The new ones go in
/usr/local/bin/, so you can accidentally get a mix of binaries of the two
versions.  I expect this could cause trouble, although I don't know why it
would segfault.

A.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue