Getting more Fonts

Vincent Lee (joonhee@hotmail.com)
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 10:29:17 PST

How do I get differen Fonts to show up for AS or for X?

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 14:34:33 -0500 (EST)
From: Andrew Sullivan <asullivan@sprint.ca>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com
Subject: Re: restarting another WM from AS 1.6

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Larry Mintz wrote:

> No you are not alone.  AS 1.6 crashes on every attempt I have tried.
> I followed the instructions given in the docs and it still crashes.

I'm sorry if this sounds cranky (it's not intended to be, but I have the
impression that I often come across this way), but _please_ offer more
info than this when you get a crash.

The README included with all distros includes some instruction on how to
redirect the output of messages to a file.  If you have a crash, _no-one
can help you unless you offer some info on what happened_.  "It crashed"
is not information; it's just a bit of gossip.

X provides piles of info on what is happening while it is running:
that's
what all that text is all over the console whence you start X.  In order
to tell what the problem is, developers need that information.  Even if
you've never used X until this week, you too can help with development,
just by reporting _detailed_ bug reports.  So, please, if you're getting
crashes, start X with the output sent to a file, and then post the
relevant data here.

Andrew

Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (better)| ajsulliv@mcmaster.ca
(worse)