Re: Can't run afterstep 1.6.[06]

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:26:38 +0100 (CET)

Mark Stacey writes:
> I did upgrade, but the only two binaries that I could see related to
> afterstep in /usr/X11R6/bin were afterstep and afterstepdoc, which I
> removed. Could there be more that I'm missing?

Yes, there are more. Here is approximately the list of binaries
in the current AS:
Animate    Audio      Auto       Banner     Cascade    Clean
Form       Ident      Pager      Save       Script     Scroll
Sound      Tile       Wharf      WinList    Zharf      afterstep

> Would it have anything to do with any of the asapps that are set to run?
> Since I don't have the G/L/A directory, all those asapps are going to be
> started by default. I haven't tried messing with that configuration.

The asapps cannot harm the afterstep itself. If they
have problems they will simply fail to start but the
window manager should be running still.