RE: Can't run afterstep 1.6.[06]

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:58:19 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Mark Stacey wrote:

> I did upgrade, but the only two binaries that I could see related to
> afterstep in /usr/X11R6/bin were afterstep and afterstepdoc, which I
> removed. Could there be more that I'm missing?

The full list of AfterStep modules is:

Animate Audio Auto Banner Cascade Clean Form Ident Pager Save Script
Scroll Sound Tile Wharf WinList Zharf

> Would it have anything to do with any of the asapps that are set to run?
> Since I don't have the G/L/A directory, all those asapps are going to be
> started by default. I haven't tried messing with that configuration.

Probably not; the apps are completely separate from AfterStep, unlike
the modules.  However, here's a list of apps (so you can clean out old
versions):

asapm ascd ascdc asclock ascp ascpu asdm asexec asfaces asfsm asload
asmail asmem asmix asmodem aspostit asppp asprint astime astrash astuner
asxmcd aterm xiterm

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com