Re: Is there another mailing list ?

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@bu.edu)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:49:26 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

On 14 Jan, Ethan wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Thadeu Penna wrote:
>
>> I just installed AS-1.7.25 and I found only a couple of new options.
>> I would like to have fresh and deeper information about this new
>> patches.
>
> It's true that I haven't been putting things in README.new_options,
> making it hard to find what's new.  I've attached an updated copy of the
> post-1.7.0 part of README.new_options to this email.  Note that the
> README just mentions the options - use the man pages for more
> information.

thank you..

> In particular, pay close attention to the new start menu handling, else
> you may be in for some surprises. :)

Surprises such as duplicate entries in Pictures, Look and Feel ? I got
one but I found the reason :)  The .include file is a must!

> Also, the AfterStep menus and titlebars, and Wharf buttons may be
> translucent (ie, transparent and tinted).  This is great fun with Eterm,
> making an all-translucent desktop.

I am currently using pseudo-transparent menus. The 1.7 transparent
option is really more useful than the real transparent one. Why is not
aterm the official term of AfterStep ? It also has transp/tint, but it
does not survive a QuickRestart when using such features.

>> How is the GNOME stuff going ?
>
> GNOME?  What's that? :)

Those small people with a lot of gold in a pot.

>> The titlebar is not of some applications is not refreshing imediately.
>> As an example, I set my bash prompt to show the current directory in the
>> titlebar. I got aterm and the prompt displayed at the same time. I have
>> to either to move the window or change the desk and go back to refresh
>> it.

Sorry about that. It was my mistake. I used a 129 for setting the
titlebar background pixmap with a file that does not exist (not a big
deal in 1.6 but since this option seems to work in the 1.7 series...).

Once again, thank you
--
Thadeu Penna                 Linux user #50500    -o)
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University    /\\