RE: Can't run afterstep 1.6.[06]

Mark Stacey (Mark.Stacey@icl.ie)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:59:56 -0000

that didn't work either.

I reckon that the problem could be related to the C libraries I have
installed, netscape 4.5 crashes similarly to afterstep and the help
indicated that there may be incompatibilites with C libraries.

I have libc-5.4.38 installed and I have glibc-2.0.5c installed, there are
higher versions of both of these available. I have a binary distribution of
libc-5.4.46 ready to install, but I can't seem to find one of the
glibc-2.0.6 version. Does anyone know where a copy of this (or an rpm) may
be obtained?

Mark Stacey
   Software Engineer
   ICL Information Technology Centre
   Tel.  : (01) 2956644

-----Original Message-----
From: albert@mail.dma.be [mailto:albert@mail.dma.be]
Sent: 14 January 1999 09:27
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com
Subject: Re: Can't run afterstep 1.6.[06]

Mark Stacey writes:
> I did upgrade, but the only two binaries that I could see related to
> afterstep in /usr/X11R6/bin were afterstep and afterstepdoc, which I
> removed. Could there be more that I'm missing?

Yes, there are more. Here is approximately the list of binaries
in the current AS:
Animate    Audio      Auto       Banner     Cascade    Clean
Form       Ident      Pager      Save       Script     Scroll
Sound      Tile       Wharf      WinList    Zharf      afterstep

> Would it have anything to do with any of the asapps that are set to run?
> Since I don't have the G/L/A directory, all those asapps are going to be
> started by default. I haven't tried messing with that configuration.

The asapps cannot harm the afterstep itself. If they
have problems they will simply fail to start but the
window manager should be running still.