Re: Solaris troubles

Ron Smith (rasmith@cerf.net)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:26:03 +0000

	I didn't link it. I am using the binary version. I found libucb.so.1 in
/usr/libucb, and made a ln from where AS is looking for it. Now ldd
afterstep shows that all of the libraries are there, but running startx
starts X, I see some errors too fast to make sense of them, and then I
have to telnet from another machine and kill processes to free it.
	I would try to compile it myself, but I run into errors there to. The
readme file even states that the configure scripts are a bit flaky, and
does not state for sure that it can run on Solaris 2.6.
	Back to the drawing board.

Ron