Re: Solaris troubles

Dagmar d'Surreal (dagmar@dsurreal.org)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:49:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Ron Smith wrote:

> 	I suspect that my problems are incomplete libs. Right now I don't seem
> to have libXpm, and I have looked in all of the obvious locations. The
> readme says you can configure without libXpm:
>
> ./configure --with-xpm=no --with-png=no --with-jpeg=no
>
> 	but I get:
>
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `all'
> Current working directory /tmp/after/lib
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Yuck.  Get the libXpm source and compile it.  The latest version is pretty
easy if you read the README on how to make it build as shared libs.

> 	Is there a listing of the libs I need to compile successfully? I am
> more than willing to read the appropriate docs for setting this up, and
> for avoiding possible pitfalls.
> 	I am quite sure that I should be able to compile AS on this machine, so
> more and more I suspect the libs that are on, or not on, the machine.
> 	Thanks again.

Well, I'll give it a shot.  (And oddly, it appears on the surface that
1.7.28 at least is no longer requiring png-1.0.2, which will be a relief
to a lot of people)
AS can use libXpm, libjpeg, and libpng to my knowledge.  Xpm-4.7 can be
obtained from Metalab (formerly sunsite), jpeg-6b (a.k.a 6.2) from a
lot of different places, including RedHat, and png-1.0.1 (the good
version, 1.0.2 is borked) is on cdrom.com someplace, but findable on
freshmeat.