RE: short wishlist

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:14:23 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> Even shorter wishlist: the option to have AfterStep construct the Start
> Menu from both ~/G/L/A/start _and_  /<afterstep-directory>/start (and
> possibly the ability to specify a 'source' menu-directory other than
> /<afterstep-directory>/start).  This would allow me to have a basic menu
> which users couldn't mess up while allowing them to add their own
> configuration.  It would also make AfterStep immune to wmconfig and the
> like.

The ability to include any directory in the start menu is available in
1.7.5 and later.  Look up ".include" in the afterstep man page for more
info.

The ability to have a fixed section of the start menu has been available
since 1.5beta4.  To turn it on, recompile AfterStep with:

./configure --enable-fixeditems

I recommend that the fixed section be small (like one submenu), as it's
annoying to be unable to completely customize the menu.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1