Re: RPM packages for afterstep-1.7.x versions

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:54:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Tony Nugent wrote:

> Has anyone got, or know where to get, any src.rpm and i386.rpm
> packages for the 1.7.x versions?

No.  1.7 is a developer's version.  You have to build from source.  The
latest FAQ explains the number-scheme change.

> BTW, I don't know who built it, but the .spec file used for building
> this version puts everything (apart from what goes into /usr/doc/)
> into /usr/local/ !

But the defaults for the program otherwise are all /usr/local.  Unless
you're willing to track down all the RPM-specific differences, and
document them, I don't imagine this will change.

A.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue