Re: a lot of questions and a few answers

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@bu.edu)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:36:23 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

On 18 Jan, David Mihm wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Thadeu Penna wrote:
>
> ! 1) The translucent titlebar is cool but the handles do not
> ! update accordingly.  Pager and Winlist should have this feature too.
> ! Is it in the developer's plans?
>
> 	What does "not update accordingly" mean?  It doesn't update when
> you change bg images, or move the window, or both?  I have no problem with
> moving the window and the handles updating.

  I am using the AS 1.7.25p4. The handles do not update whem I move the
  window. The same in the translucent Pager titlebar.

> ! 4) Some applications, icons, etc.. refuse to be installed in a
> ! Translucent Wharf. I used:
> ! MyStyle "*WharfTile"
> !   BackPixmap 129 Red
> ! ~MyStyle
>
> 	From what i can tell, the Wharf prefers the colors to be 8bit rgb
> values.  I to received errors when using color names directly.

 I tried it too but I got the same error messages. Asmail is, for
 example, one app that refuses to be swallowed in a translucent Wharf.

> ! 5) I created another Wharf (OtherWharf). It works but I think that
> ! imposing OtherWharf to be in /usr/X11R6/bin is too restricted.
> ! Not a big deal here, because I am the administrator but in big networks
> ! it would be a concern.
> ! I tried using the full path in autoexec but it does not work. Maybe a
> ! ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/Modules ????
>
> 	The ModulePath is defined in the base.#bpp file, therefore not
> requiring the modules binaries to be anywhere.  Simply define the path and
> the modules will be found.

Thanks. I had not noticed that.
How about to include it in the FAQ/man pages. In both, the first
impression is we have to build the link in /usr/X11R6/bin (or
whatever)?

--
Thadeu Penna                 Linux user #50500    -o)
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University    /\\