Re: multiple wmmon applets in wharf

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:44:10 +0100 (CET)

Thadeu Penna writes:
> On 18 Jan, Jeff Jadwin wrote:
> > For some reason the Wharf does not want to swallow more than one wmmon.
> > I'm using Afterstep 1.6.6, and I want one wmmon to monitor cpu usage,
> > and another to monitor memory & swap usage.  I know it can be done
> > because I've seen it in screenshots.  What happens to me is that one is
> > swallowed, and the other just starts on the desktop without being
> > swallowed.  Here's the relevent lines from my ~/G/L/A/wharf file:
> >
> >     *Wharf wmmon - MaxSwallow "wmmon" wmmon &
> >     *Wharf wmmon - MaxSwallow "wmmon" wmmon -s &
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> You are asking to be the same :)
> Try
>      *Wharf wmcpu - MaxSwallow "wmmon" wmmon &
>      *Wharf wmmem - MaxSwallow "wmmon" wmmon -s &

As a matter of fact there is no way to predict
which of your wmmons is gonna be swallowed where
since you gave them both the same window title.
To avoid that, you should have different copies
of wmmon under different names (a symlink is
sufficient) and then run them correspondingly:

*Wharf wmcpu - MaxSwallow "wmmon" wmmon &
*Wharf wmmem - MaxSwallow "wmcpu" wmcpu -s &

Since wmmon makes the window title equal to the name
of the app executable.

Hope this helps even more :)
Albert