Re: as apps popularity evaluation

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@bu.edu)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:11:04 -0500

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Albert Dorofeev wrote:

> What I can say from watching the results? I can say that
> people place high hopes on ascp. The aterm is a very
> popular terminal. And, surprisingly (at least to me),
> many people are asking for ASFiles. Maybe it's time
> we get to look at it and see if it is already perfect?

Not surprisingly, the apps on top are the most recently updated. So we
run to f.a.o to update them. The less downloaded apps seem to be those
ones which "do not compile to you".
I have dl almost all those apps  and the WM applets too.

It would be nice if someone took the ASFiles development
again. What is missing to me in ASFiles is a GUI configuration.

I have been using AS for two years, so I feel very comfortable in edit the
conf files (I created a folder in the Wharf for each one of those files).
However, the task of creating items to menus is the most boring stuff in
configurating AfterStep (ASFiles helps a lot in this task though).

My dream is to have licq swallowed in the wharf :)

my 2c.

Thadeu Penna          Linux user #50500           -o) |
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University    /\\ |
590 Commonwealth Ave. - Boston MA 02215          _\/v |