Re: one more little thing..

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@bu.edu)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:48:16 -0500 (EST)

On 21 Jan, David Mihm wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Thadeu Penna wrote:
>
> !  Update all does not update the database. Could it be easily
> !  implemented? If so, I can change the icons with no restart.
> !
> 	Heh, we just seem to be at odds with each other lately. :)  The
> Update all, if consisting of 'QuickRestart "Update all" all', will update
> the database.  Is this the database in ~/G/L/A that you're editing?

 It is hard to say but we are both right :). I asked about the Icons. I
 found that if the application is started before the change in the
 database, it remains with the same icon. Update all really update the
 database for the applications started after the update.
 Is this explanation clear ?
 Let's go for an example:
 1- start aterm.
 2- Iconify it. It has a Icon, OK? Let's call it Icon1
 3- change the aterm Icon in the database to Icon2.
 4- Update all.
 5- Iconify it. It has Icon1.
 6- The other aterms started after the change in the database will have
 Icon2.

 As a physicist, I could tell that we have had different findings
 because we did different experiments, right ?

-
Thadeu Penna                 Linux user #50500    -o)
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University    /\\
590 Commonwealth Ave.  -  Boston,MA  USA 02215   _\_V