Re: Afterstep 1.6.6 problems

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@bu.edu)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:03:24 -0500 (EST)

On 24 Jan, Anders Henriksson wrote:
> Hej all.
>
> After running as1.5 something for a while I finally decided to upgrade to
> 1.6.6.
> The problem is that it fails to start. I have afterstep started from my
> .xinitrc but when running startx my screen blins once and throws me back to
> the prompt with the following message.
>
> afterstep: error in loading shared libraries
> : undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

 What is happening here is: you download a binary version of AfterStep
 that was compiled using a different version of either libc or C
 compiler (gcc,egcs,etc..). Try to install it compiling AS from the
 sources.

--
Thadeu Penna                 Linux user #50500    -o)
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University    /\\