Re: Die X11 Die DIe Die !!!

Andre Oliveira da Costa (costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:33:51 -0200

Doug wrote:

> No, when your in X you cant switch virtual consols, And, I tried this in
> other wm's and it didnt happen.

Not really: usually, using CTRL+ALT+F[1-6] instead of ALT+F[1-6] works
while running X. It depends basically on the configuration of your
/etc/inittab file; AFAIK, RedHat usually allows you to switch to all 6
VCs while in the X11 runlevel (5), while Slackware usually allows
switching only to VC #6 (CTRL+ALT+F6) in the same runlevel (which, God
knows why, in this case is numbered 4 and not 5).

(someone please correct me if this is innacurate)

HTH,

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa
(costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)