Re: Re; IconTitle

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:20:41 +0100 (CET)

Matthew Grund writes:
> > >    I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for this: I'd like to have a
> > > vertical IconBox on the side of my desktop. Problem is - the IconTitle
> > > overlaps the next icon below it. It's be nice to put some padding
> > > between icons, so they don't pile up right next to each other.
> Albert:
> > I use icons with background (NeXT-ish) and I guess that
> > would help you too. Just give the configure switch
> > - --enable-iconbackground and it should look much better.
>
> Where would I put this, exactly? it looks like a command line arg,
> do I put it in my .xinitrc? (from whence I call AfterStep?)

You have to get the source distribution of AS and compile
it yourself. Those are arguments to the './configure' command
that you run before running 'make'. I guess there is nothing
you can do if you take the RPM and install it - then AS
is already pre-compiled with the distributor's options.

Cheers!
Albert