Re: Re; IconTitle

Steve Charters (charters@ferndown.tt.slb.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:56:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Albert Dorofeev wrote:

> > Albert:
> > > I use icons with background (NeXT-ish) and I guess that
> > > would help you too. Just give the configure switch
> > > - --enable-iconbackground and it should look much better.
> >
> > Where would I put this, exactly? it looks like a command line arg,
> > do I put it in my .xinitrc? (from whence I call AfterStep?)
>
> You have to get the source distribution of AS and compile
> it yourself. Those are arguments to the './configure' command
> that you run before running 'make'. I guess there is nothing
> you can do if you take the RPM and install it - then AS
> is already pre-compiled with the distributor's options.

I've got a personal software fix for this giving correctly vertically
stacked icons with NO_ICON_BACKGROUND. I suppose I should make a
patch/submit it but I'm not sure of the procedure.

Steve

Steve Charters                           Ferndown Industrial Estate
Ferndown Product Development Centre      Wimborne
Schlumberger ATE                         Dorset
charters@ferndown.tt.slb.com             BH21 7PP
Tel. +44 (0)1202 850833                  England