Re: aterm/eterm/any transparent capable term

Julie O'Donnell (jod@Rational.Com)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:09:19 -0500

yeah someone else mentioned that
but i am pretty sure it's doable/in existence
done some digging and people at least claim it
to be possible

-----Original Message-----
From: Stimpy <chung@starnetinc.com>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com <afterstep@linuxcenter.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: aterm/eterm/any transparent capable term

:I saw some screen shots that seemed to do this but I later found out
:that the poster used an identical background for the term and then
:positioned the window to seem that the background was showing through
:the term window.  This may not be possible yet.  Dont quote me on it
:though.  If your trying to get this effect, the enlightenment win
:manager maybe able to do this.
:Good luck.  8)
:
:Julie O'Donnell wrote:
:
:> Hey
:>
:> anyone have a term that's capable of transparency
:> on HP-UX 10.20?
:>
:> tried to compile aterm/eterm but could not.
:>
:> thanks
:> jod
:>
:> -------------------------------------------------------------------
:> Julie O'Donnell        Technical Support Engineer
:> Rational Software      http://www.rational.com
:> Support Phone: 800-433-5444 or 781-676-2450
:> Support Email: support@rational.com
:>
:> --
:>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/