Re: AS 1.6.6 / Netscape bug?

Andre Oliveira da Costa (costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:42:26 -0200

Graeme Bunyan wrote:

> Don't know if this is a bug or not but when I start Netscape 4 using the
> parameter '-iconic' everything crashes magnificently if I try to edit my
> bookmarks file.  It works okay with other window managers/previous version
> of AfterStep (can't remember which one exactly but definitely after 1.4)
> Anyone else experienced anything similar/know how to fix this?
[...]

I haven't had this specific behavior with Netscape 4, but with Netscape
4.5 (and AS 1.6.6), everytime (100%) I try to edit my bookmarks
("Bookmarks/Edit Bookmarks") the dialog opens *and* its icon appears on
the desktop, but with an unusual appearance: its outline appears filled
with the color used to paint the selected window title, but it is not
really there -- it doesn't respond to events. If I minimize the
Bookmarks window, everything goes back to normal (the icon is painted
with all its colors, and it responds to events).

Anybody else experienced this?

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa
(costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)