Re: (Feature Idea) Failed Menu Command Dialog

katchomko@seatac.net
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 19:44:06 -0800 (PST)

On  4 Jan, Randall Hopper wrote:

>      One thing that would be a good add to AfterStep is an X Dialog that
> pops up when an Exec command fails.  For example something like the
> following:
>
>             Command Failed:  "netscape4 -geometry +0+0"

 Ctrl-Alt-F<virtual terminal # that you launched X from> logs stderr
 messages. If something seems not to be working, that's what I look at
 first. I also have an entry on my startmenu that launches an xterm
 with a script that is basically:
  tail /var/log/messages
 which shows some more info about what's been going on behind the
 scenes. IMHO, I'm glad I don't have annoying boxes pop up and take
 focus away from the other windows every thirty seconds, unlike the GUI
 that's built in to another OS *g*...