Re: loss of focus with only one window open

Benjamin J. Tracy (tracy@wsicorp.com)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 12:20:53 -0500 (EST)

> That's actually a very good question Ben, I should have clarified.  I start
> it from wharf.  Also, when I say that no other applications are running, I
> mean nothing on the WinList.  Pager is running, wharf is running with several
> Swallowed applications, WinList is running but isn't visible until I start
> the first application which opens it's own window on the desktop, which is
> when the annoying loss of focus occurs.

Sounds to me as if the problem might be that Winlist might be grabbing the
focus when it is first brought up.  What might be happening is there are
no items in the winlist, then you add one, and winlist is told to draw
itself, and it might grab the focus at that point.  It might even be
related to the ClickToFocus option...

Any coders have ideas now that we've narrowed the problem down a bit?

Ben