Re: Anybody else working with MkLinux or LinuxPPC? (mouse probs)

Mark Lawrence (lawrence@unified-eng.com)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:32:19 -0600

Jonathan D. Nolen writes:

 > I've spent all day playing with AfterStep 1.6 on my 7200/90 running
 > MkLinux DR3. I've gotten most everything working expect for one
 > fairly critical bug.
 >
 > I'm using an Apple standard mouse, which, of course, has only one button.
 > Now, according to the MkLinux docs, you're suppose to emulate the missing
 > mouse buttons with the option key.
 >
 > However, anytime you press the option key, it results in an immediate
 > fatal crash -- completely dumps you out of X.
 >
 > Has anybody else gotten this working?

It's been a while since I used MkLinux (it was DR2), but I do remember
having the problem you describe. It was an MkLinux problem, not
associated with any particular window manager, and it had to do with
the type of keyboard I was using. Somewhere in the online MkLinux info
(probably in a FAQ), there is a note regarding which keyboards work
with MkLinux.

Hope this helps.
--
                          | Now in building of chaises, I tell you what,
Mark Lawrence             | There is always somewhere a weakest spot,--
Unified Engineering, Inc. | In hub, tire, felloe, in spring or thill,
www.unified-eng.com       | In panel, or crossbar, or floor, or sill,