Re: loss of focus with only one window open

Jeff Jadwin (jjadwin@bellsouth.net)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 21:15:26 +0000

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Jeff Jadwin wrote:
>
> > Am I the only person experiencing this?  ...or maybe I'm the only one
> > annoyed enough about it to bring it up...
>
> I think it's the latter.  But there's an option you can add to the WinList
> style to avoid it: "NoFocus".  According to the man pages (read them new,
> much-improved-thanks-to-David-Mihm man pages, folks!), NoFocus "will set
> the window to refuse any input focus."

"NoFocus" in the WinList style totally fixes it.  It keeps WinList from
"stealing" the focus from the first window opened.  I knew about NoFocus, but I
was under the impression that it would not allow it to accept input at all,
resulting in a WinList that was unusable (ie. unable to click on it to raise a
window).  I was wrong in that aspect(should have spent more time reading the
man pages or even experimenting with it).

Thanks for all the help.  Anyone else bothered by this little quirk should do
as mentioned above.

        Jeff