single-desk Wharf (was AS vs WM)

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:37:35 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Benjamin J. Tracy wrote:

> *Except* for the fact that the original is still sticky and will also be
> displayed on desk 2.

Right.  I thought that was the idea: a "main" Wharf for the apps that
range across desks, and a "clip" wharf that is only on one desk.  You
still can't D'n'D to it, but everything else works.

> The only real way to do this is to have 1 wharf for each _page_ not
> desk, some of which may be the same.  That way you can remove the
> sticky qualifier and have a whole to of flexibility.  (More than you
> would want perhaps.

Well, that'd work too, but you'd have to have several instances of the
same stuff running if you had thing swallowed, which would be a real hit
to the system.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue