Re: single-desk Wharf (was AS vs WM)

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 14:52:32 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Brandon Stewart wrote:

> Someone suggested implementing "wharf specific to desktop" as a nice
> feature.

Ok, so I tried my suggestion.  It works, but it has a disadvantage.

I set up a link from BWharf to Wharf, configured BWharf in my
~/G/L/A/wharf file, and set it to go in the autoexec.

In the database, I gave it these parameters:

> Style   "BWharf"        StartsOnDesk 1, NoTitle, StaysOnBack,
> WindowListSkip, NoHandles

(That's all on one line in the database file, of course).  Now, the
problem is twofold.  First, the "StartsOnDesk 1" setting forces AS to look
at Desk 1 when starting up.  I'm sure this could be overcome, but it's a
bit of a problem for now.

Second, and more important, making the BWharf not sticky (I ought to have
anticipated this) means that it stays on its original "pane", so if you
want a smaller Wharf on Desk 1, you'll get it only on one pane.

Hope that's clear.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue