Re: Uhg- Yet another problem

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:58:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Matthew S. Anderson wrote:

> Tis I again. I just Wiped my entire Hd so let me get to the point.
> I reinstalled Rh 5.2 AND got the latest kernel.
> I then installed AS 1.6.6 and here's what happened.
> *I uncompressed the archive to /usr/src and configured it from there

Where did you install it, though?  The problem is that RH is looking (by
default) for AS in /usr/bin, but the source goes (by default) in
/usr/local/bin.  On RH systems, /usr/local is apparently not in the path
for anyone.

You can get around this by replacing your .xinitrc and not calling all the
RH-specific stuff there.  For more on the peculiarities of RH systems, see
the FAQ.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue