Re: AfterStep Questions ...

Ewan Dunbar (northsky@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:45:44 -0500 (EST)

On 15 Feb 1999, Doug Alcorn wrote:

> "Mehul N. Sanghvi" <mehul@kirsun.ne.mediaone.net> writes:
>
> > 'allo,
> >
> >     I have AfterStep-1.7.37 built on my Sparc5-solaris2.6 system.  But
> > there are some questions I have.  It has been a while since I have
> > worked with AfterStep (last I worked with AfterStep was I believe
> > 1.4.55n or something).
> >
> > 1.  When I fire up an xterm from my menu, I want to be able to do the
> >     placement of the window myself.  I dont want it done for me.
> >     Where and how do I change it ?
> >

> 'man xterm'.  The command line option you are looking for is
> -geometry.  This is not an AS issue, rather an xterm issue.

No, it's an AfterStep issue. Enable SmartPlacement and RandomPlacement to
have all your windows placed for you. If it's just the xterm that does
that, try the database file. In any event, changing the geometry option
would place it in the same spot every time you run it from the menu.

Eastman: He came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing RANDO!
Ewan Dunbar
northsky@ix.netcom.com