Re: Look's and Feel's

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:20:35 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Andrew Loree wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6, and I have AfterStep Version 1.6.1.  I was
> going through some of the new menu items, and I tried update startmenu.
> After which, all of the look's and feel's menu items were gone from the
> desktop menu.  I know the files are still in the shared area, but how do
> I get the links back to use them through the menu. Or better yet, how do
> I load a look or feel file from the command line.  HELP

The Look, Feel, and Pictures menus are automagically generated from the
look, feel, and backgrounds directories.  If one of those directories is
empty, the corresponding menu will be, too.  It sounds like you want the
shared looks/feels to be in your menu, but have created empty look/ and
feel/ dirs.  Copy the shared looks and feels to your local dir:

cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/looks/* ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/looks
cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/* ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels

HTH

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com