Re: After install

Sean N. Roy (snr@cisunix.unh.edu)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:45:15 -0500

Paul,
    cd into your new user's directory, check for a .xclientrc file.  If
there isn't one there do this: `echo 'exec afterstep' >> .xclientrc`
That should do it.  Also make sure /usr/X11R6/bin, (or wherever your X
stuff is), is in your PATH.

Paul wrote:

> I upgraded to 1.6.10-1 and finaly got it working, but that was as root.
> I've created a new user, but I'm unable to switch to after step after the
> default window manager starts up (Fwvm2, or something like that.)??
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

Sean N. Roy [snr@cisunix.unh.edu sroy@cabletron.com]

"From a programmer's point of view, the user is a peripheral that types
when you issue a read request." -Peter Williams