Re: Changes?

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 02:14:04 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> I downloaded the 1.6.10-1 rpms and used mc to peek at the changelog, but I
> couldn't see any changes listed from 1.6.6-3.  Can any nice person say what
> has been done?  Am I being stupid and missing the fact that only bug-fixes
> are put into minor revisions and all the juicy changes won't appear in a
> stable version until 1.8.x?  You can tell me, I don't mind.

I don't know if the RPM changelog is different from the tarball one, but
you are correct that only bugfixes go into 1.6.x.  There are no plans to
backport features, so new features will not appear in a stable version
until 1.8.x.

As for the actual changes in 1.6.10, the ChangeLog can be found at:

ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/stable/Changelog

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1