Re: colormapping

Julie O'Donnell (jod@Rational.Com)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:27:15 -0500

Well,

aside from color mapping AS is running great on my HP B132 (10.20)

Here a list of things I ran into:

needed a bunch of headers and libraries:

/usr/include/X11R6/X11/xpm.h
/usr/include/X11R6/X11/Imlib.h
/usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libXpm.sl
/usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libXpm.a
/usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libIm.sl

had to link these:
/usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libICE.sl.6.0  -> /usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libICE.1
/usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libSM.sl.6.0 -> /usr/lib/X11R6/X11/libSM.1

had to change all 'gcc' compile lines in Makefiles to 'gcc -I /usr/include'
to avoid a bunch of gnu compiler issues and re-defines.

had to change #include to access X11R6/X11/whatever.h

that's mostly it... far as i can recall.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Sullivan <asullivan@sprint.ca>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com <afterstep@linuxcenter.com>
Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: colormapping

:On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Keven Murphy wrote:
:
:> But I believe that is where to begin for the HPs. Let me know if it works.
:> I am in the process of getting AS complied on my HP workstation.
:
:As an aside, might I ask that anyone who is completely successful with AS
:on HP later give me an outline of some common pitfalls, so that I might
:include them in the FAQ?  From the exchanges about this, I gather that
:it's a bit of a trick getting things to work just as you'd like here, and
:I'd like to point people in the right direction if possible.
:
:A
:
:Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (better)| ajsulliv@mcmaster.ca (worse)
:                                   *  *  *
:              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue
:'finger -l ajsulliv@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.
:
: