Re: WinList / Transparent Pixmaps (1.7.37)

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:19:45 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Graeme Bunyan wrote:

> Having just installed the wonder that is AS1.7.37 I have a few
> questions...
>
> 1.  Winlist Text Style - can only get styles 0 and 1 to work, 2 is just
> normal text but should, according to docs, be 3d.

Looks like there was a minor bug which prevented the hilight portion of
the 3d effect from being drawn.  The shadow part is still there, though.
In any case, as of 1.7.37 patch 5, WinList uses the MyStyle code (for
configuration, and for drawing), so this should no longer be a problem.

> 2.  Can't get balloons on Winlist...

Maybe the balloon is just offscreen?  Be sure to set the BalloonYOffset
so that the balloon will show up onscreen.

> 3.  Transparent Pixmaps on Wharf and TitleBars (mainly titlebars) - when I
> use
>
> BackPixmap 129
>
> am I supposed to put an xpm filename after this as I would if it were 128?
> What is the 'transparency' then 0 - does this mean if my xpm is a thin
> line (like '-------') there'd be no rectolinear highlights and it'd be see
> through except for the line?~

The AfterStep man page covers this, but it may not be clear enough.  When
mode 129 is used, the parameter is a color, not a pixmap.  The color is
used for tinting the transparent background.  Try something like:

BackPixmap 129 gray50

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com