Re: Installing Afterstep and Themes

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 02:11:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Michael Martin wrote:

> Question 2.).
> What exactly should be in the ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep directory?
> Should I already have a desktop/themes directory?
> Should I already have the winlist files, etc.?

The system-wide theme (set with su access) is located in
/usr/local/share/afterstep/ directories.  That includes the wharf file,
autoexec, start directory, etc....  If you, as a regular user, deviate
from that and make any sort of change in your own personal preferences,
then it should show up in your ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep directory.
If you don't use the Afterstep Control Panel, then it's probably easiest
to just drop all the files (not directories) in there and edit them as you
please.  I personally like to edit the system wide files, as su, then just
update my menus.

Coplan			  		/"\
------					\ / 	ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \