Re: Uhg- Yet another problem

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:22:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Matthew S. Anderson wrote:

> I also get this message right before I get my prompt back:
>
> tty_io.c: process 265(gpm) used obsolete /dev/cua0 - update software to use
> /dev/ttys0

The first message is a common bug, and (as far as I know) has no effect,
so don't worry.

The second message indicates that you're using the old "cua" designation
for "callout" devices on a serial port, rather than the "ttyS"
designation.  The two designations used to be used for different effects,
but referred to the same device.  Ever since the 2.0 kernel, the "cua"
designation has been planned to become obsolete.  It is fully obsolete
with the 2.2 kernel, and it is strongly suggested that you get rid of
these old designations.  In the not-too-distant future, the "cua" usage is
bound to disappear completely.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.davidv.net/~ajsulliv/, or issue