RE: Look's and Feel's

cjag@knfpub.com
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:08:38 +1030 (CST)

Hiyas,

I'm running FreeBSD 3.0 and had the same problem when upgrading to the latest
devel version (all other upgrades went without a hitch).

Instead of copying the files to ~GnuStep/blah../ you can edit the .include
files located at:
/usr/local/share/afterstep/start/Desktop/Feel
/usr/local/share/afterstep/start/Desktop/Look
/usr/local/share/afterstep/start/Desktop/Pictures

The first entry in the .include referring to the "shared" area had an incorrect
path. For example, the .include at /u/l/s/a/start/Desktop/Feel now reads:

include "/usr/local/share/afterstep/feels" ChangeFeel
include "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels" ChangeFeel

and it worked fine. (do the same for Look and Pictures .include files)

Cheers,

Christine Jaeger.
(Westenra)

E-Mail: cjag@knfpub.com